Stem cells – is a „foundation of life“, that builds the entire human organism. These cells form tissues, they are a part of blood and skin cell generation, bone and other tissue's regeneration.
Stem cells have unique properties that no other cell of the organism does:
1. Stem cells are primary cells for all other cell types;
2. Stem cells can proliferate and regenerate for a very long time;
3. Depending on conditions stem cells can differentiate into any type of the cell.
According to a source stem cells can be:
1. Embryonic and fetal stem cells
2. Cord blood and placental stem cells
3. Adult stem cells